Sunday, July 25, 2010

An Inspiring Story, InsyaaAllaah~

Ammar and Ameer were good-friends. Ammar came from a family who was less fortunate and Ameer, who came from an average family background, would always try to help and make his friend happy, for Allaah’s sake.

One day, Ammar found that he was short of money to pay for his education. Ameer asked him:

“O Ammar, do you have enough to pay for it?”

“Umm…, from my savings,” Ammar showed his box where he kept his savings.

“Is that all?”

“Yes, this is all.”

“How much is that altogether?”

“Oh, actually I just need 20 riyaal left, but nevermind…”

Ameer thought to himself. He wanted to help his friend a lot but the only reason that made him hesitate, was the fact that Ammar would decline it. He tried to think of some way…

Ammar soon left Ameer for a while to welcome his friends who were on the way to meet them. Ameer stayed to take care of their belongings as he was busy doing his own work.

When Ammar was out of sight, Ameer quickly took 20 riyal out of his bag and put it into Ammar’s savings box. Then he carried on with his work as if nothing had happened.

Ammar and the rest of the friends joined Ameer and chatted for a while before they would leave together to go to school. Ammar forgot his worry about his short of money.

Then as they were packing when they were about to leave, Ammar saw his box of savings next to his bag, and his worry filled his mind again. He took it and counted again. He was surprised to see a 20 riyal note that he had not noticed before. He stared at it and asked the rest:

“Whose 20 riyal is this?”

The rest of them shook their heads and replied ‘no’. Ammar turned to Ameer and asked:

“Ameer, does this belong to you?”

Ameer did not want to lie. He wanted to live up to his Prophet’s sayings that a Muslim speaks nothing but the truth. “No,” he answered.

“You were there with me when I was counting my savings. Only you and I know that I was short of 20 riyal. Is this your 20 riyal?”

“No.”

“Don’t lie to me.”

“No. I’m not lying.”

“Ameer!”

“I told you I’m not lying. Would I lie about lying too?”

The rest of the friends believed Ameer and told Ammar to just accept the money and that maybe he had not noticed it earlier, and that it was a blessing from Allaah.

Soon, they all left together. Ameer spoke in his heart:

“Verily that was from Allaah. The money did not belong to me. It was from Allaah. InsyaaAllaah I did the right thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment